Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back once again...

Hey there folks! Sorry I haven't updated this since shortly before Christmas (what am I playing at?) but it's not as if I haven't been writing elsewhere!

Since my last blogging experience around 3 months ago I have been up to so many things, it really has been crazy! My time in Tennessee is slowly but surely coming to end, after all they do say 'time flys when your having fun.'

When writing news stories or when I am speaking with friends or family I always try and describe things in a vivid manner, but to describe my time here at the University of Tennessee in such a short and to the point way really would be impossible. I have loved my time here and to see the months turn to weeks and weeks turn to days of my time left in 'Big Orange Country' its becoming hard to understand.

Back in August when I arrived in Tennessee I said to myself - this is going to be a great experience and I intend to make the most of it, and I thoroughly believe I have. Each new day opens new doors and I learn something new about not only myself but how I want to build upon my chosen career path.

At the University of Tennessee there is so many doors to open and I have become familiar with how not only to open them but take advantage of each room with a view. Although I still have just over 2 months left in the United States, my stay so far would definitely not be as rewarding and unforgettable if I didn't have the people around me who have helped make this experience worthwhile.

In the Southern States they are known for that 'Southern Hospitality' and they have without a doubt lived up to the stereotype since I have stepped foot in Tennessee. The people are really inviting and accommodating and although I may be 4,000 miles from home Tennessee truly has became a 'home from home' experience.

Since term started in January I have been extremely active not only with school work but by attending events and expanding my growing list of friends. (I know Mr. Popular) haha.

One event which effectively didn't take place in Tennessee but will be a lasting memory of mine was travelling back home in January for my Father's 50th birthday! It truly was a remarkable experience! Anyone who knows me closely knew I was travelling back home for it and everyone has asked me 'how did it go?'

Well anyone who knows my Dad will know he is not the quietest person around (I wonder where I get the loudness from?!) so to see him speechless for an hour is unbelievable. Yes, that was his reaction when I walked in through the doors of his surprise 50th birthday.

My week back home was great, I got to firstly see my family which was awesome (why am I speaking American?!) and also I spent the rest of my time with close friends...what more could you ask for?? I will elaborate more about the party and my week back home in future posts as I have pictures and maybe a few sneaky videos to add.

In this latest blog post I will not be including any photos, but please don't fret - I can assure you I have been taking plenty, but to be honest currently I just do not have time to re-size and add them to this particular blog entry.

One of the reasons I believe I haven't been blogging as much as I would like to have done is because I became accustomed to adding pictures to every blog entry which obviously takes up a lot of time as I seem to add quite a few. Hopefully during my last few weeks in Tennessee I hope to blog more regularly but with less pictures and just general thoughts and opinions which I have.

Hope everything is great in the 'mena and if you are reading from further afield the thoughts are mutual.

All the best!

Nial

No comments: