Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Game, Court, Pics & Videos - Just an update!!

Boomsday 2007

An event which takes place on Labour Day each year. It's basically a fireworks display which takes place along the river which is a adjacent to the University. Around 300,000 people attended the even this year. Fireworks started at 9.15pm and last roughly for 30 minutes, it was an amazing sight, especially when the bridge was turned into a waterfall made of flames! I went to the event with my friends from the BCM, they had a reserved spot with a good view so all worked out well! Check my video and the very few pictures I took of the event!







It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!!!


Neyland Stadium & Sea of Orange
Again.
Orange.

Representing 'Our Wee Country'

Cheerleaders - Yes.

From the left - Nate (Australia) Jimmy (Australia) Kelsey (Canada)

Pride of The Southland Band, I was seated just beside them, it was class!

Southern Miss Team.

Yes.

From the left, 'Sonic' aka Joakim (Sweden) Don't Know this guy he just appeared for photo, Philip (Switzerland) Casey (Australia) Nate (Australia)

MorevCheerleaders.

Video came in handy for replays.


Before game, 107,000 people present!

Pride of Southland Band Routine.

And how it turned out - 'Vols'

Getting a little darker!

Darker yet again, the game started at 7 and finished ariun 11 so it went on for quite a bit.

Half time band preformance.

Attack, Attack, Attack!!

Yes.

After the final whistle, everyone was nakered. The new addition at the front is Aneill (Canada)

Library whilst on laptop doing 'work'
My first Television interview in Tennessee for UT TV, I was being interviewed because i'm and International Student, and that makes me 'special' haha, but it was a good experience and I hope to do some work for the UT TV station throughout my stay in Knoxville.

My word, What is that liquid substance???? Is it rain?? Yes it is, my first encounter with rain in America, it didn't last long and shortly after the sunshine was out in full force.
This stretch of footpath is my daily walk back to the apartment!

The view from my Public Affairs Journalism class.

Some random statue, I'm sure it signifies something I just haven't found out yet.

My first encounter with the law!!! haha, For my Public Affairs Class I visit court quite often to report on actual events that take place. It is really interesting and hopefully will gain me some experience on the Law side of things as I have to learn American Law as part of the course. Sorry for the shaky picture, phones were meant to be turned off I think, but I couldn't resist a picture!


I'll update in more detail later, going to bed now, long day tomorrow!!

Laters,

Nial

1 comment:

Lord Lloyd de Papel said...

Amazing firework display! No expense spared there I see. I know UT lost their first game to Cal, but did they beat Old Miss?